The 11th Annual Columbus Catholic Women’s Conference is just a few days away! Please read the important information below.
The 11th Annual Columbus Catholic Women’s Conference, Ask Jesus What He Wants from You and Be Brave, will be held on Saturday, February 17, 2018 at the Ohio Expo Center Cardinal Building, 717 East 17th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43211 from 8 am to 4:30 pm. To find the Cardinal Building look for the large purple flags.
We recommend arriving early as we anticipate a sold-out conference. Doors will open at 7:00 am.
- Carpooling is strongly encouraged. There is a $5 per car parking fee charged by the Ohio Expo Center.
- When parking, look for and follow the purple flags!
- Please DO NOT park in the designated priest parking area. If you need handicapped parking, special needs parking is located at the front entrance of Cardinal Hall (see parking map). You will see parking attendants in this area to direct you.
Avoiding the Lines, Registration and Seating 😀
Your name badge is your ticket. Please print it and cut it out.
IF YOU HAVE YOUR TICKET WITH YOU, YOU DO NOT NEED TO WAIT IN LINE.
- If you cannot print your ticket at home, please proceed to the registration table when you get to the conference and we will provide you with a name tag. Our volunteers will get you your name tag as quickly as possible.
- Tickets can also be purchased at the registration table for $45 each, cash, checks, or credit cards are accepted.
- We will begin with music performed by His Own at 7:15 am. and Mass begins promptly at 8:00 am. For If you are coming in after 8:00 a.m. please follow the ushers’ directions on how to enter the hall as to not interrupt Mass.
- Seating is open. If your parish or group would like to reserve seats to sit together, they must send representatives from the parish/organization to save seats. To save a row, two people must be in each row reserved, one at each end. At 8:00 am, no more seats can be saved.
- Conference tickets are non-refundable; however, if you are unable to attend the event, you may transfer your ticket to another guest.
Food, What to Wear, and Other Stuff:
FOOD: Coffee and a light breakfast will be provided by Panera bread. Lunch is provided by Subway. You are welcome to take your breakfast and lunch items back to your seats in the conference area.
WHAT TO WEAR: The Ohio Expo Center can be a bit drafty. We encourage dressing in layers so you can adjust your temperature throughout the day. While it may be cool in the morning, as the day goes on, it tends to get warmer with so many women present.
LOW GLUTEN HOSTS: We have a dedicated Communion station for those who would like to receive low-gluten hosts. If you have pre-registered for low-gluten host, look for a sign designated for that communion station.
CONFERENCE MERCHANDISE: CCWC t-shirts and hoodies will be available for sale as well as CDs of the conference talks. You will be able to take your CDs home with you at the end of the day.
LIVE BROADCAST: The conference will be broadcast LIVE on St. Gabriel Catholic Radio AM820, so if you are no longer able to attend you can still listen to the speakers on AM 820 or www.stgabrielradio.com. Encourage your out-of-town friends to listen live on the web.
EXHIBITOR HALL: Finally, we are very excited to have many new organizations and vendors attending our conference this year. Please remember to visit their tables! Please note that many of these vendors only accept cash or checks. Each of our speakers has a table as well. Please be sure to check your program on Saturday for a list of all the vendors/organizations.
Have a question?
Our volunteers will be wearing, you guessed it, PURPLE!
The Columbus Catholic Women’s Conference is a non-profit organization staffed by an ALL VOLUNTEER team. We all feel it is an honor to be a part of such an amazing, enriching, and spiritual day and we are here to help!
Countless hours have been spent over the past year preparing for this special day. We hope that you find the conference to be a wonderful and meaningful event.
Drive safely and see you on Saturday, February 17th!
The 2018 Columbus Catholic Women’s Conference Committee